Monday, March 30, 2009

Southern Hospitality a Little Too Friendly

Today's post will not come with a photo. Believe me, you don't want one.

I've always preferred to travel in the South because that famous hospitality thing isn't a myth. Heck, even the mall bathrooms down here are very upscale -- nice tile floors, wide stalls with multiple coat hooks on the side to hang your purse and several shopping bags.

But it seems the previous users in these stalls want to share more of their life with me than I am comfortable with knowing. The first three stalls, in fact, left presents in the toilet. This, after checking out two stalls at the restaurant restroom the night before I found a blank slate, if you know what I mean.

I think we need to teach a few people down I-75 that is OK to reach back and use the flush handle.

1 comment:

CW Merv said...

Okay, that is just insanely rude.

It's one thing if you try to flush and the toilet just isn't having it. From the sound of things, though, these barbaric travelers just didn't bother to pull the lever. If you're a germ-freak, you can always just wrap your hand in toilet-paper before you do it, but come on!

Southern hospitality, my (literal) rear!