Tuesday, September 16, 2008

If a Tree Falls in the Forest...


Sunday afternoon, it was obvious to anyone breathing that Hurricane Ike was blowing through the Midwest. You could hear the wind over the Colts game now and then, this loud whooshing sound that resembled the air conditioner. Only it was too cold to have the HVAC system running, so, being a brilliant sort, I knew it had to be the wind.

The next morning we looked out our back window, and there was the neighbor’s tree, snapped in half and with the bigger chunk lying all over the place. Apparently I can’t sleep through my husband’s snoring, but a frickin' tree lands behind my head and I don’t notice.

My husband, however, is ecstatic. “Hey, that’s the tree that was interfering with our dish feed! Now we really don’t have to worry about the weather cutting us out of our favorite shows.” Funny, Sunday afternoon that was the farthest thing from my mind.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Julie, We may need your expertise. We are looking to go to Branson Oct 11-18. Any good deals?

Julie Sturgeon said...

I'll be very happy to look. I'll email you directly from my account, julie@curingcoldfeet.com

Devona said...

Branson is a pretty fun place to go to without breaking your bank account! There are plenty of Branson attractions worth seeing too!

Julie Sturgeon said...

My Midwest clients love it. I haven't had the same feedback from the East Coast crowd.